Unspecified error when trying to Fill oleDB Dataset from MS Access

Siegfried Heintze

I'm using a third party hosting service. I presently have a Web Service on
this hosting service's server that loads and executes a native mode DLL.
This demonstrates that the hosting service has given me proper access to the
temporary directory c:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/V1.1.4322/Temporary
ASP.NET Files/root/...."

I believe it also demonstrates that I have access to c:/documents and
settings/xyz/aspnet/local settings/

Recently I have created a new project in the same account in a different sub
directory on the same hosting service -- same server.
I have my web.config file configured to impersonate me.

My ASP.NET application works on my development machine. However I'm getting
the following when I create a new project on my hosting service's machine.
This is happening in response to the fill method of my dataset. When I
remove that it works (but of course I see no data)!

I know I have my Microsoft Access Data file positioned correctly because I
see a different error message when I remove the impersonation from my
web.config. It provides the full path of my mdb file and tells me I don't
have access to it.

What could this be? With this error message, it is kinda difficult to google
for it. I used FTP copy my MDB file to the directory where my ASP.NET source
code is.

Thanks,
Siegfried

Unspecified error

Exception Details: System.Data.OleDb.OleDbException: Unspecified error

Source Error:

Stack Trace:

[OleDbException (0x80004005): Unspecified error]
System.Data.OleDb.OleDbConnection.ProcessResults(Int32 hr) +20
System.Data.OleDb.OleDbConnection.InitializeProvider() +57
System.Data.OleDb.OleDbConnection.Open() +203
System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.QuietOpen(IDbConnection connection,
ConnectionState& originalState) +44
System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.FillFromCommand(Object data, Int32
startRecord, Int32 maxRecords, String srcTable, IDbCommand command,
CommandBehavior behavior) +304
System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.Fill(DataSet dataSet, Int32 startRecord,
Int32 maxRecords, String srcTable, IDbCommand command, CommandBehavior
behavior) +77
System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.Fill(DataSet dataSet) +38
keyword_job_search.JobSearchResults.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
in c:\documents and
settings\administrator\vswebcache\www.heintze.com\keyword-job-search\keyword
-job-search.aspx.cs:29

Guest