Unspecified error when trying to Fill oleDB Dataset from MS Access

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Siegfried Heintze, Sep 10, 2005.

  1. I'm using a third party hosting service. I presently have a Web Service on
    this hosting service's server that loads and executes a native mode DLL.
    This demonstrates that the hosting service has given me proper access to the
    temporary directory c:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/V1.1.4322/Temporary
    ASP.NET Files/root/...."

    I believe it also demonstrates that I have access to c:/documents and
    settings/xyz/aspnet/local settings/

    Recently I have created a new project in the same account in a different sub
    directory on the same hosting service -- same server.
    I have my web.config file configured to impersonate me.

    My ASP.NET application works on my development machine. However I'm getting
    the following when I create a new project on my hosting service's machine.
    This is happening in response to the fill method of my dataset. When I
    remove that it works (but of course I see no data)!

    I know I have my Microsoft Access Data file positioned correctly because I
    see a different error message when I remove the impersonation from my
    web.config. It provides the full path of my mdb file and tells me I don't
    have access to it.

    What could this be? With this error message, it is kinda difficult to google
    for it. I used FTP copy my MDB file to the directory where my ASP.NET source
    code is.

    Thanks,
    Siegfried

    Unspecified error

    Exception Details: System.Data.OleDb.OleDbException: Unspecified error

    Source Error:

    Stack Trace:

    [OleDbException (0x80004005): Unspecified error]
    System.Data.OleDb.OleDbConnection.ProcessResults(Int32 hr) +20
    System.Data.OleDb.OleDbConnection.InitializeProvider() +57
    System.Data.OleDb.OleDbConnection.Open() +203
    System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.QuietOpen(IDbConnection connection,
    ConnectionState& originalState) +44
    System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.FillFromCommand(Object data, Int32
    startRecord, Int32 maxRecords, String srcTable, IDbCommand command,
    CommandBehavior behavior) +304
    System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.Fill(DataSet dataSet, Int32 startRecord,
    Int32 maxRecords, String srcTable, IDbCommand command, CommandBehavior
    behavior) +77
    System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.Fill(DataSet dataSet) +38
    keyword_job_search.JobSearchResults.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
    in c:\documents and
    settings\administrator\vswebcache\www.heintze.com\keyword-job-search\keyword
    -job-search.aspx.cs:29
    Siegfried Heintze, Sep 10, 2005

  2. Hi,

    Check out whether this is the issue:
    http://msmvps.com/rakeshrajan/archive/2005/07/04/56461.aspx

    --
    HTH,
    Rakesh Rajan

    =?Utf-8?B?UmFrZXNoIFJhamFu?=, Sep 12, 2005