Unspecified exception when connecting to Excel

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Security' started by Mike, Jun 22, 2005.

  1. Mike

    Mike Guest

    Hi! I am getting consistent "Unspecified Exception" message when I try to
    connect to an Excel file people upload using ADO.NET. I googl’ed, yahoo’ed
    and MSN’ed but was unable to find answers. I was able to eliminate the driver
    problems since the same code wrapped into C# executable connects to Excel
    files just fine. Obviously, this is some kind of an ASP.NET security issue. I
    do not know where to start. The ASP.NET code runs fine on my DEV and QA
    environments and I do not see what’s different between QA and PROD where the
    code does not run.

    Could you recommend some troubleshooting steps I can take to solve the
    mystery, please?

    I saw the Anonymous account my app runs under in all 3 environments
    configured the same. Perhaps I am not looking at the right things?

    Many Thanks in Advance,

    Michael
    Mike, Jun 22, 2005