Unsupported Feature Error: non-locally-static attributes names are not supported

Discussion in 'VHDL' started by jesse_j, Dec 12, 2004.

  1. jesse_j

    jesse_j Guest

    I'm getting the following error:
    Unsupported Feature Error: non-locally-static attributes names are not
    supported

    I'm using the Max Plus II student software version 10.2
    and trying to compile the following code:

    library IEEE;
    use IEEE.STD_LOGIC_1164.all;
    use IEEE.STD_LOGIC_ARITH.all;
    use IEEE.STD_LOGIC_UNSIGNED.all;

    ENTITY priority1 IS
    PORT
    ( clock_10hz,clock_10khz,clock_100khz,command_1,command_2,
    command_3,command_4,command_5,command_6,sout :IN STD_LOGIC;
    active1 :OUT STD_LOGIC);
    END priority1;

    ARCHITECTURE a OF priority1 IS
    SIGNAL set_active :STD_LOGIC;

    BEGIN
    PROCESS
    BEGIN
    IF clock_100khz'EVENT and clock_100khz='1' THEN
    IF command_1='1' THEN
    set_active<='0';
    END IF;

    IF command_2='1' THEN
    set_active<='0';
    END IF;
    IF command_3='1' THEN
    set_active<='0';
    END IF;
    IF command_4='1' THEN
    set_active<='0';
    END IF;
    IF command_5='1' THEN
    set_active<='0';
    END IF;
    IF command_6='1' THEN
    set_active<='0';
    END IF;
    END IF;
    IF clock_10khz'EVENT and clock_10khz='1' THEN
    IF sout='1' THEN
    set_active<='1';
    END IF;
    END IF;
    END PROCESS;

    PROCESS(set_active,clock_10Hz)
    BEGIN
    IF set_active='0' THEN active1<='0';
    ELSIF clock_10Hz'EVENT and clock_10Hz='1' THEN
    active1<='1';
    END IF;
    END PROCESS;

    END a;

    Any help would be appreciated.

    Thanks

    jesse_j, Dec 12, 2004

  2. Re: Unsupported Feature Error: non-locally-static attributes namesare not supported

    jesse_j wrote:
    > I'm getting the following error:
    > Unsupported Feature Error: non-locally-static attributes names are not
    > supported
    >
    > I'm using the Max Plus II student software version 10.2
    > and trying to compile the following code:

    My guess: you're using 'event on two different signals (clock_100khz and
    clock_10khz) in one process. That is not synthesizable.

    Paul.

    Paul Uiterlinden, Dec 12, 2004

  3. jesse_j

    jesse_j Guest

    Re: Unsupported Feature Error: non-locally-static attributes nam

    That did the job.

    Thanks Paul

    jesse_j, Dec 12, 2004