    see it.
    the script works fine, i'm just anoyed with IE calling errors.
    Anybody know why this is?

    polilop, Feb 28, 2006

  2. polilop

    RobG Guest

    polilop wrote:
    > When i open my page in IE it shows an error Unterminated string constant om
    > Line.....
    > When i look at the line it shows the line where the </SCRIPT> tag is ????

    IE's error reports are notoriously vague and rarely point directly to
    the cause.

    > Moziila dose not see this error, allso avant browser (shell for IE) dosent
    > see it.
    > the script works fine, i'm just anoyed with IE calling errors.
    > Anybody know why this is?

    Reduce the code to the minimum that still shows the error. If you can't
    fix it from there, post it or a link.

    --
    Rob

    RobG, Feb 28, 2006

  3. "polilop" <fmatosic@@inet.hr> writes:

    > When i open my page in IE it shows an error Unterminated string constant om
    > Line.....
    > When i look at the line it shows the line where the </SCRIPT> tag is ????

    Well, if you didn't terminate the string constant before, this is where
    the parser would definitly have to say that it's too late.
    It would be great with a hint to what line the string literal started
    on, though, but IE's error messages are rarely that helpful.

    > Moziila dose not see this error, allso avant browser (shell for IE) dosent
    > see it.

    Guess there is something wrong somewhere then.

    Are you watching the javascript console in Mozilla? An unterminated
    string literal is unlikely to only be unterminated in one browser,
    unless the browsers are sent different pages, or you are using IE's
    conditional comments to have an IE-only script.

    > the script works fine, i'm just anoyed with IE calling errors.
    > Anybody know why this is?

    Without seeing the page? Unlikely.

    /L
    --