"Unused" dataset shipped in WSDL ?

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Steve B., Jun 26, 2006.

  1. Steve B.

    Steve B. Guest

    Hello

    I'm building a Web service that have some methods.

    I've also two datasets class : DataSet1 and DataSet2.

    If I add a method in my WS that waits for or return either DataSet1 and
    DataSet2, the DataSet is embedded in the WSDL so the client application can
    use them as typed DataSet, which is working well with VS.

    The problem is that my "real" web service won't wait for neither DS1 nor
    DS2, but will wait for a simple System.Data.DataSet class. The WS will then
    analyse the ds content to redirect the ds to the right business object.
    Since DS1 and DS2 are not in any WebMethod signature, they won't be shipped
    with the WSDL.

    Is there any way to force the WSDL to include DS1 and DS2 definition ?

    I don't want to manually duplicate xsd files into several clients apps since
    DS1 and DS2 can contains some TableAdapters. Moreover, if DS1 and DS2 are
    updated, I want to client app to update its web reference easily.

    Thanks for any help.
    Steve

    Steve B., Jun 26, 2006