    would show corresponding data of different items.

    I have tried googling but it's a nightmare trying to find an example
    of what I want. Anyone have one?
    richard, Jul 6, 2009

  2. richard

    dorayme Guest

    In article <>,
    richard <> wrote:

    > Ok so like all the table designs I've seen that use scrolling all do
    > it with a static header row on the top.
    >
    > How can I do this so that the first colum is static?

    I don't know? Let me underwhelm you, just for the moment, with:

    <head>
    <title>A visual fixed col table</title>
    table {border-collapse: collapse;}
    td {border:1px solid; padding: .2em;}
    div {margin-left: 4em; overflow: auto;}
    </head>

    --
    dorayme
    dorayme, Jul 6, 2009

  3. richard

    richard Guest

    On Mon, 06 Jul 2009 14:22:46 +1000, dorayme
    <> wrote:

    >In article <>,
    > richard <> wrote:
    >
    >> Ok so like all the table designs I've seen that use scrolling all do
    >> it with a static header row on the top.
    >>
    >> How can I do this so that the first colum is static?

    >I don't know? Let me underwhelm you, just for the moment, with:

    That's one possibility I was thinking about.
    But I figure if a <tr> can be static, why not a column?
    If all it takes is an "ID" to fixate a row, then the column should
    likewise be fixable.

    My plan of attack for this project of mine is where I show name in the
    first item, this may actually be a list box showing a multitude of
    names to choose from, then fill the data in column 2 as selected.
    richard, Jul 6, 2009
  4. On Jul 6, 2:43 pm, richard <> wrote:
    > On Mon, 06 Jul 2009 14:22:46 +1000, dorayme
    >
    > <> wrote:
    > >In article <>,
    > > richard <> wrote:

    > >> Ok so like all the table designs I've seen that use scrolling all do
    > >> it with a static header row on the top.

    > >> How can I do this so that the first colum is static?

    > >I don't know? Let me underwhelm you, just for the moment, with:

    > That's one possibility I was thinking about.
    > But I figure if a <tr> can be static, why not a column?
    > If all it takes is an "ID" to fixate a row, then the column should
    > likewise be fixable.
    >
    > My plan of attack for this project of mine is where I show name in the
    > first item, this may actually be a list box showing a multitude of
    > names to choose from, then fill the data in column 2 as selected.

    Is this what you are looking for....

    http://www.cubido.at/Portals/7/docs/Blog/Karin/HTML and Javascript/ResizeColumns/Table.htm

    Pretty yuck IMHO, but looks like what you describe.
    Disco Octopus, Jul 7, 2009
  5. richard

    richard Guest

    On Mon, 6 Jul 2009 23:25:29 -0700 (PDT), Disco Octopus
    <> wrote:

    >On Jul 6, 2:43 pm, richard <> wrote:
    >> On Mon, 06 Jul 2009 14:22:46 +1000, dorayme
    >>
    >> <> wrote:

    >> >I don't know? Let me underwhelm you, just for the moment, with:

    >> That's one possibility I was thinking about.
    >> But I figure if a <tr> can be static, why not a column?
    >> If all it takes is an "ID" to fixate a row, then the column should
    >> likewise be fixable.
    >>
    >> My plan of attack for this project of mine is where I show name in the
    >> first item, this may actually be a list box showing a multitude of
    >> names to choose from, then fill the data in column 2 as selected.

    >Is this what you are looking for....
    >
    >http://www.cubido.at/Portals/7/docs/Blog/Karin/HTML and Javascript/ResizeColumns/Table.htm
    >
    >Pretty yuck IMHO, but looks like what you describe.

    That would work thanks.
    richard, Jul 7, 2009