Unwanted data injected into datagrid textbox

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Datagrid Control' started by tim@eNardoni.com, Nov 13, 2006.

  1. Guest

    Hello, and thank you in advance for any help you can provide. Our
    solution was developed by a third party, but I am becoming more
    familiar with the source code. I can answer any questions to clarify
    the issue.

    Each line in our grid contains a product number, description, and a
    blank for the user to enter a Quantity.

    Users enter quantities (not necessarily on every line), click the Next
    button, and continue. Sometimes users return to a previous page, by
    clicking the Previous button, and see Quantities that they did not
    enter. More often, users return to a previous page to find unwanted
    Quantities entered and wanted quantities deleted.

    Patterns we have identified:
    1. There has never been an equal number of items deleted and inserted.
    2. The deleted items are always contiguous to one another. (Items are
    organized by a fixed catalog line number.)
    3. The inserted items are always contiguous to one another.

    A dozen customers have reported this problem over the last six months,
    but we have been unable to reproduce it in-house. It is extremely
    rare, but sometimes will happen twice in one week.

    Has anyone else experienced anything like this?

    Notes
    ======
    1. The solution uses custom paging (datagrid.allowpaging=FALSE).
    2. This behavior occurs before any records are written to the SQL
    Server backend. (That happens when the user clicks the Save button or
    the Place Order button.)
    3. Solution was developed in Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003.
    4. Our in-house Windows PCs are all at Framework level 1.1.4322.2032
    (Service Pack 1); the server is also at SP1 level (1.1.4322.2300); am
    waiting to hear back from two customers what version of the .NET
    Framework they're using.
    5. All clients are using Internet Explorer 6.0.
    , Nov 13, 2006