    problem, but now I'm stumped. Any ideas on what this is? BTW, this is
    the new Kubuntu release.

    , Jan 17, 2006

  2. wrote:
    > Hi. I'm just trying to compile a program here, but when I run the
    > program, I get debug output like:
    >
    > 6192: symbol=printf; lookup in file=/lib/tls/i686/cmov/libc.so.6
    >
    > when I'm trying to make calls to printf(). The program works fine, but
    > this extra junk that gets printed has to go. I checked my LD_DEBUG
    > environment variable, and it was not set, so I guess that's not the
    > problem, but now I'm stumped. Any ideas on what this is? BTW, this is
    > the new Kubuntu release.

    It is very likely that you are doing something illegal in you code that
    is invoking undefined behavior which is caught by your C library and is
    triggering the debug messages but without seeing your code how am I
    supposed to know? Reduce your code to the smallest *compilable*
    program that exibits the behavior (and doesn't use non-Standard C
    functions because those are off-topic here) and post it here.

    Robert Gamble

    Robert Gamble, Jan 18, 2006

  3. Flash Gordon Guest

    wrote:
    > Hi. I'm just trying to compile a program here, but when I run the
    > program, I get debug output like:
    >
    > 6192: symbol=printf; lookup in file=/lib/tls/i686/cmov/libc.so.6
    >
    > when I'm trying to make calls to printf(). The program works fine, but
    > this extra junk that gets printed has to go. I checked my LD_DEBUG
    > environment variable, and it was not set, so I guess that's not the
    > problem, but now I'm stumped. Any ideas on what this is? BTW, this is
    > the new Kubuntu release.

    This will be something specific to your environment rather than a C
    language issue. Since we only deal with the C language, not all the
    masses of implementations, I suggest you ask on a Linux or GNU mailing
    list or group, or possibly a mailing list for your distribution.
    --
    Flash Gordon
    Living in interesting times.

    Flash Gordon, Jan 18, 2006