Unwarranted Error?

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by fruddy, Jan 9, 2004.

  1. fruddy

    fruddy Guest

    Hi everyone,
    I'm getting the following error:

    ADODB.Recordset (0x800A0CC1)
    Item cannot be found in the collection corresponding to the requested
    name or ordinal.

    Now we all know that it means I'm trying to refer to a column that does
    not exist in the DB (SQL Server), yet it definitely, absolutely
    exists....

    The recordset is created by a stored procedure... this column is even
    used on other pages in the same application, yet doesn't work on this
    particular page?

    This site doesn't get this error in the development environment at all,
    just when I've pushed it to live.

    Even when I view the results of executing this stored procedure in query
    analyser, it returns the column and a value!!!

    Could there be another cause of this???

    Thanks for any suggestions....

    fruddy, Jan 9, 2004

  2. Put SET NOCOUNT ON at the beginning of the stored procedure.

    --
    Aaron Bertrand
    SQL Server MVP

    Aaron Bertrand [MVP], Jan 9, 2004