Unzip Zip files with javascript

Randy Webb

(e-mail address removed) said the following on 10/19/2005 4:10 PM:
can someone give me a script that allows you to use this

A script that allows you to use what?
And no, when you answer you do not have to post it 3 times, once will
suffice.

web.dev

can someone give me a script that allows you to use this

You seem to misunderstand the capabilities of javascript. Please go
read and learn more about it.

Julian Turner

can someone give me a script that allows you to use this

Javascript natively does not support this.

If you want to do this, and browser security settings allow, then you
will need to acquire a special ActiveX control (Internet Explorer) or
an XPCOM component (Firefox), and learn how to use these within
Javascript.

If you google for ActiveX and Zip, there should be a control out there
that you could download and install on your computer, and access
through script using "new ActiveXObject".

Julian

Tim Williams

Julian Turner said:
Javascript natively does not support this.

If you want to do this, and browser security settings allow, then
you
will need to acquire a special ActiveX control (Internet Explorer)
or
an XPCOM component (Firefox), and learn how to use these within
Javascript.

If you google for ActiveX and Zip, there should be a control out
there
that you could download and install on your computer, and access
through script using "new ActiveXObject".

Julian

If on XP then you could adapt this code
http://www.rondebruin.nl/windowsxpzip.htm
no (additional) activex components required.

Tim