  1. Guest

    can someone give me a script that allows you to use this
    , Oct 19, 2005

  2. VK Guest

    there is no such
    there is no such as it is impossible
    VK, Oct 19, 2005

  3. Randy Webb Guest

    said the following on 10/19/2005 4:10 PM:
    > can someone give me a script that allows you to use this

    A script that allows you to use what?
    And no, when you answer you do not have to post it 3 times, once will
    suffice.

    --
    Randy
    Randy Webb, Oct 19, 2005
  4. web.dev Guest

    wrote:
    > can someone give me a script that allows you to use this

    You seem to misunderstand the capabilities of javascript. Please go
    read and learn more about it.
    web.dev, Oct 19, 2005
  5. wrote:
    Re: Unzip Zip files with javascript
    > can someone give me a script that allows you to use this

    Javascript natively does not support this.

    If you want to do this, and browser security settings allow, then you
    will need to acquire a special ActiveX control (Internet Explorer) or
    an XPCOM component (Firefox), and learn how to use these within
    Javascript.

    If you google for ActiveX and Zip, there should be a control out there
    that you could download and install on your computer, and access
    through script using "new ActiveXObject".

    Julian
    Julian Turner, Oct 20, 2005
  6. Tim Williams Guest

    "Julian Turner" <> wrote in message

    > wrote:
    > Re: Unzip Zip files with javascript
    >> can someone give me a script that allows you to use this

    > Javascript natively does not support this.
    >
    > If you want to do this, and browser security settings allow, then
    > you
    > will need to acquire a special ActiveX control (Internet Explorer)
    > or
    > an XPCOM component (Firefox), and learn how to use these within
    > Javascript.
    >
    > If you google for ActiveX and Zip, there should be a control out
    > there
    > that you could download and install on your computer, and access
    > through script using "new ActiveXObject".
    >
    > Julian

    If on XP then you could adapt this code
    http://www.rondebruin.nl/windowsxpzip.htm
    no (additional) activex components required.

    Tim
    Tim Williams, Oct 21, 2005
  7. Tim Williams wrote:

    > "Julian Turner" <> wrote in message
    > >
    > > wrote:
    > > Re: Unzip Zip files with javascript
    > >> can someone give me a script that allows you to use this

    > > Javascript natively does not support this.
    > >
    > > If you want to do this, and browser security settings allow, then
    > > you
    > > will need to acquire a special ActiveX control (Internet Explorer)
    > > or
    > > an XPCOM component (Firefox), and learn how to use these within
    > > Javascript.
    > >
    > > If you google for ActiveX and Zip, there should be a control out
    > > there
    > > that you could download and install on your computer, and access
    > > through script using "new ActiveXObject".
    > >
    > > Julian
    > >

    > If on XP then you could adapt this code
    > http://www.rondebruin.nl/windowsxpzip.htm
    > no (additional) activex components required.
    >
    > Tim

    Thank you. Thats interesting. If I understand it correctly, it
    effectively relies upon the functionality of any zip program you
    already have installed.

    Julian
    Julian Turner, Oct 21, 2005