Unzipping Files

Greg Lindstrom

Hello-
I am trying to read a file from a zip archive. I have read the
documentation on zipfile and can read the names of the files in the
archive and the length of each file, but do not see how to get to the
actual data from any given file. This is probably so simple that it
hurts, so take it easy on me if you please...I just don't see it and
have a deadline rushing towards me. How do I read the data from a file
in a zip archive?

Thanks!
--greg

--
Greg Lindstrom 501 975.4859 (office)
Senior Programmer 501 219-4455 (fax)

"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams." W.W.

Larry Bates

Use something like:

import zipfile
zfile=zipfile.ZipFile(zipfilename,'r')
contents=zfile.read(filenametoread)

Stripped out of a working program, but not tested.

-Larry Bates