Upcasting/ Downcasting in VB.NET?

Guest

I know that I can upcast and /downcast in C#. Can it be done in VB.NET? I
haven't seen any documentation on it.

TIA,

Guest

Yes, this is called "Boxing" and is a principle concept in the .NET Framework
and OO in general.

John Murray

Actually, boxing (as far as .NET is concerned) is an internal process
used to convert value types to references types. This is what allows
you, for instance, to assign an integer to an object reference.

I suspect the ctype reference in a previous post is what the original
question was looking for.