Update a datagrid without POSTBACK!!

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Datagrid Control' started by Michael Persaud, Aug 18, 2004.

  1. Is that possible??

    MP
    Michael Persaud, Aug 18, 2004

  2. Michael Persaud

    Scott M. Guest

    No.

    "Michael Persaud" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Is that possible??
    >
    > MP

    Scott M., Aug 19, 2004

  3. It is.

    you can use either a webservice or xml-http to go get the data and return it
    to requesting page. you would need to manually load the data into the table
    (datagrid renders clientside as a table i believe)
    but it's a lot of unrewarding work. why would you want to go this route? is
    a postback that intolerable?

    --
    Regards,
    Alvin Bruney

    Alvin Bruney [MVP], Aug 19, 2004
  4. Michael Persaud

    Scott M. Guest

    But if you are updating via a webservice or xmlHTTP, then you are making
    another trip to the server (or rather a server) and this is what I took the
    OP to be asking if could be avoided.

    Scott M., Aug 19, 2004
  5. What sort of update do you mean? If you mean re-populating with new server
    data, you have to make a round trip to the server. If the information for
    update originates on the client side, you can update the grid easily with
    DHTML.

    Eliyahu

    Eliyahu Goldin, Aug 19, 2004
  6. agreed, i was just being picky :)

    --
    Regards,
    Alvin Bruney

    Alvin Bruney [MVP], Aug 20, 2004
  7. moot point but it occurred to me - perhaps erroneously - that the postback
    flash was what was irritating and not the postback itself.

    --
    Regards,
    Alvin Bruney

    Alvin Bruney [MVP], Aug 20, 2004