Update data in a repeater

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Controls' started by Ray75, Sep 17, 2007.

  1. Ray75

    Ray75 Guest

    I've got a repeater with several text boxes and radiobuttonlist's on
    it and submit button to process changes in the text fields. The data
    loads fine, but the problem is my code isn't seeing any changes to the
    textboxes when I submit. So basically, when I step through the code
    the value assigned to txtPrice is the same as when the page loaded
    rather than what I changed it to. Any ideas what I missed? Don't worry
    I can translate C# if you send an edit. Whatever is easier

    Private Sub update()
    Dim txtPrice As TextBox = New TextBox()
    Dim rblParty As RadioButtonList = New RadioButtonList()

    Dim strPrice As String = Nothing
    Dim strParty As String = Nothing

    For Each dataItem As RepeaterItem In Repeater1.Items
    txtPrice = CType(dataItem.FindControl("rptxtPrice"),
    TextBox)
    rblParty = CType(dataItem.FindControl("rblParty"),
    RadioButtonList)

    strPrice = txtPrice.Text.ToString().Trim()
    strParty = rblParty.SelectedValue.ToString ().Trim()

    'updatePrices(, , , ...)
    Next
    End Sub

    Ray75, Sep 17, 2007

  2. Ray75

    Ray75 Guest

    Guess who wasn't handling the isPostBack method?

    Ray75, Sep 17, 2007