update eclipse plugin, work in progress?

Raaijmakers, Vincent (IndSys, GE Interlogix)

Does anyone know if work is in progress to update the python plugin for eclipse?
www.eclipse.org

The features of the current plugin is weak compared to the features of for example java.
My background from the VA environment for Java and Smalltalk makes me hungry in getting the same strong IDE for Python.
Don't mind looking at ways to expand this Python plugin, if possible and if time, but definitely don't have the time to reinvent the wheel.

Please feedback.
Vincent

John Roth

Which one? The community pages show three(!) different plugins, two of which
are hosted on Sourceforge and look pretty moribund to me. The third
(Truestudio) looks quite active, with a current update on June 29, 2003.

For the ones on Sourceforge, get in touch with the project owners.

John Roth