Update from gridView ItemTemplate

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Enricko Chivaldory, Jul 17, 2010.

  1. I have a simple GridView with multiple columns from a Sql table. I have
    only
    1 data column that I want to update (a date column) without having to
    have
    the user click an Edit button, edit the date and click the update
    button. I
    have the GridView wrapped in an UpdatePanel and have the code below in
    the
    TextChanged event of the TextBox. I think it may work if I can get the
    key
    value of the row I am on. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

    Protected Sub txtCompleteDate_TextChanged(ByVal sender As Object,
    ByVal
    e As System.EventArgs)
    Dim intKey As Int32 = 0

    Dim tb As TextBox = CType(sender, TextBox)
    Dim dtNewDate As Date = Convert.ToDateTime(tb.Text)
    Using conData As SqlConnection = New
    SqlConnection(DBClass.GetCoreConnectionString)
    conData.Open()
    Dim strSQL As String = "UPDATE dbo.ApplicantRequirements" &
    _
    " SET CompleteDate='" &
    dtNewDate.ToShortDateString & "'" & _
    " WHERE ApplicantReqID = " &