    setting form control autopostback to true. I now am worried I have not
    implemented a very good way to post back to sql. Is what I have done wrong or
    are both ways acceptable?
    =?Utf-8?B?bG91aXNlIHJhaXNiZWNr?=, Nov 18, 2004

  2. Both ways are acceptable, and I use your way. The databinding/
    DataAdapter.??? ways are controllled by ASP.Net. In my update statements I
    check the UPDATE_DT column to make sure an update is not writing over another
    update. Keep doing it your way.

    HTH

    =?Utf-8?B?TWlrZUw=?=, Nov 19, 2004

  3. Thanks. I have discovered the wonderful (!) world of asp field validators and
    so i can be a bit more sure that the update statement will work. Just seems
    that with databinding there must be a cleaner way because I do a sql command
    to GET the values into the controls then another one to UPDATE the values,
    just seems overkill, but i dont know enough about databinding yet.. thanks
    for the confidence boost though!

    =?Utf-8?B?bG91aXNlIHJhaXNiZWNr?=, Nov 23, 2004