Update Query.. asp/access db

netje

Hi,

Does anybody know what this error is about?

____

[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Operation must use an updateable
query.

/app/admin/admin.asp, line 201

_____

many thanks!

wilbert

netje

sorry forgot this:

some of the code:

____

If u_action <> "add" then

select case u_action

case "insert"

sql = "insert into news (title,body,author,insert_date)"

sql = sql & " values( '" & u_title & "' , '" & u_body & "' , '" & u_author &
"' , #" & u_date & "#)"

case "display"

sql="select * from news where id="&u_id

case "delete"

sql="delete from news where id="&u_id

case "edit"

sql="select * from news where id="&u_id

case "logout"

session("password") = ""

case "update"

u_id=request.form("u_id")

sql = "UPDATE news SET title='" & u_title & "',"

sql = sql & " body='" & u_body & "',"

sql = sql & " insert_date=#" & u_date & "#,"

sql = sql & " author='" & u_author & "'"

sql = sql & " WHERE id="&u_id

case else

sql="select * from news order by insert_date desc "

end select

accessdb="../db/db_sdp.mdb"

cn="driver={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)};"

cn=cn & "dbq=" & server.mappath(accessdb)

Set rs = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset")

(Line 201) rs.Open sql, cn

I have been working with it, but after changing some small things and moving
to a different server it don't work anymore!

bye Wilbert

rick watkins

Have you checked if your database on the folder its in have the correct
pemission settings
i.e. read/write access

I think that should solve it for you.

netje

Yes, that will be it...

I contacted my hostingprovider.. they have to change that for me..

did'nt now that! i'm used to work on a unix-server...

Bye

Wilbert