    without further action in another asp page? Most grateful if some examples
    can be referred. Thanks a lot.

    tony

    tony wong, Sep 24, 2006

  2. tony wong

    Evertjan. Guest

    tony wong wrote on 24 sep 2006 in

    > how can i trigger a SQL (update query) by clicking a button in a asp
    > page without further action in another asp page?

    Impossible.

    The click is on the client, and the database is on the server,
    so you need asp-script to be executed on the server,
    and asp script only works in asp pages.

    You will have to sent a querystring or a form-post to a server asp page.

    > Most grateful if
    > some examples can be referred.

    This is basic asp db work.

    Try something yourself or search http://aspfaq.com