    I am pretty sure about querying, but not about updating.

    Thanks!

    Jim

    Jim Cheng, Jul 28, 2003

  2. Jim Cheng wrote:

    > Could I use the XML query language (and with appropriate XML query engine)
    > to update XML files?

    No, currently you can't use it as a "real" update language with insertions
    and similar. You can however query the source document, alter it through
    transformations/queries and write the result to the original file. That is
    probably not as efficient as updating should be.:)

    --
    Sebastian

    PGP Key fingerprint =
    13 1D 2E 4F 20 3E C9 1F 4C 57 52 87 8A 80 48 4D F5 E9 97 EC

    Sebastian Schaffert, Jul 28, 2003

  3. Jim Cheng

    Jim Cheng Guest

    Thanks for your comments.
    Do you know where I could find more information about altering querying
    expressions to achieve the updating function?

    Thank you!

    Jim

    Jim Cheng, Jul 28, 2003