Updated FAQ

Garrett Smith

* Dates:
| Year 0000 is unrecognized by some formats (XML Schema, xs:date).
- Baagoe

* 4.1 How do I format a Date object with javascript?
- Stockton, Mincha, others
(This will be revisited for extended years.)

* msdn2 links changed to msdn links (no redirect)
- Talbot
* doctype - HTML 4.01 strict
- Talbot

* Meta information:
content="Javascript Frequently Asked Questions">
content="http://www.ecma-international.org/publications/standards/Ecma-262.htm">
content="https://developer.mozilla.org/en/JavaScript">
- Talbot, Lahn, G Smith

* Posting guilelines:
"Remove everything that does not contribute to the problem (images,
superfluous markup, other scripts, etc)."
- Talbot, Lahn, Stockton, Cornford, G. Smith

* corrections to markup (extra "</p>" before </li>
- Talbot

* Posting code:
Removed: "If the code is more than about 300 lines, provide a link
instead." because nobody objected to my suggestion of removing it.
- G Smith

Garrett Smith

Garrett Smith wrote:

[snip]
Forgot a few:

* I have <a href="javascript:somefunction()"> what ... ?
Added Cornford's example

* Posting code:
# Mention the platforms, browsers, and versions.
- Harris, Talbot

* How to Ask a Question
Removed "Read recent relevant posts in c.l.js."

Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn

Garrett said:
* Meta information:

You are too fast for me. I was going to comment on your reply later,
probably on the weekend.

PointedEars

Garrett Smith

Thomas said:
You are too fast for me. I was going to comment on your reply later,
probably on the weekend.

Please do.

It's funny. Quiet for a while, then suddenly, a rush of FAQ feedback.

Garrett Smith

Thomas said:
You are too fast for me. I was going to comment on your reply later,
probably on the weekend.
So how does the META information look?

Osmo Saarikumpu

Garrett Smith kirjoitti:
So how does the [faq] META information look?

Is there a reason for two DCTERMS.language? One with and the other
without the scheme attribute?

Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn

Garrett said:
So how does the META information look?

Looks a bit hard to read (why not use newlines to help with the review?),
otherwise good. But see my other comments in
<and the followup.

DCTERMS.language is a duplicate, indeed. (Maybe newlines would help to see
more duplicates.)

PointedEars

Garrett Smith

Osmo said:
Garrett Smith kirjoitti:
So how does the [faq] META information look?

Is there a reason for two DCTERMS.language? One with and the other
without the scheme attribute?
No, that was a mistake. Corrected locally as:

Dr J R Stockton

In comp.lang.javascript message <[email protected]
september.org>, Tue, 27 Oct 2009 21:24:22, Garrett Smith
* Posting code:
Removed: "If the code is more than about 300 lines, provide a link
instead." because nobody objected to my suggestion of removing it.

It should be restored.