Updated FAQ

Discussion in 'Javascript' started by Garrett Smith, Oct 28, 2009.

  1. * Dates:
    | Year 0000 is unrecognized by some formats (XML Schema, xs:date).
    - Baagoe

    * 4.1 How do I format a Date object with javascript?
    - Stockton, Mincha, others
    (This will be revisited for extended years.)

    * msdn2 links changed to msdn links (no redirect)
    - Talbot
    * doctype - HTML 4.01 strict
    - Talbot

    * Meta information:
    content="Javascript Frequently Asked Questions">
    content="http://www.ecma-international.org/publications/standards/Ecma-262.htm">
    content="https://developer.mozilla.org/en/JavaScript">
    - Talbot, Lahn, G Smith

    * Posting guilelines:
    "Remove everything that does not contribute to the problem (images,
    superfluous markup, other scripts, etc)."
    - Talbot, Lahn, Stockton, Cornford, G. Smith

    * corrections to markup (extra "</p>" before </li>
    - Talbot

    * Posting code:
    Removed: "If the code is more than about 300 lines, provide a link
    instead." because nobody objected to my suggestion of removing it.
    - G Smith
    --
    Garrett
    Garrett Smith, Oct 28, 2009

  2. Garrett Smith wrote:

    [snip]
    Forgot a few:

    * I have <a href="javascript:somefunction()"> what ... ?
    Added Cornford's example

    * Posting code:
    # Mention the platforms, browsers, and versions.
    - Harris, Talbot

    * How to Ask a Question
    Removed "Read recent relevant posts in c.l.js."

    --
    Garrett
    Garrett Smith, Oct 28, 2009

  3. Garrett Smith wrote:

    > * Meta information:

    You are too fast for me. I was going to comment on your reply later,
    probably on the weekend.

    PointedEars
    --
    realism: HTML 4.01 Strict
    evangelism: XHTML 1.0 Strict
    Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn, Oct 28, 2009
  4. Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn wrote:
    > Garrett Smith wrote:
    >
    >> * Meta information:

    > You are too fast for me. I was going to comment on your reply later,
    > probably on the weekend.

    Please do.

    It's funny. Quiet for a while, then suddenly, a rush of FAQ feedback.
    --
    Garrett
    Garrett Smith, Oct 28, 2009
  5. Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn wrote:
    > Garrett Smith wrote:
    >
    >> * Meta information:

    > You are too fast for me. I was going to comment on your reply later,
    > probably on the weekend.

    So how does the META information look?
    --
    Garrett
    Garrett Smith, Nov 5, 2009
  6. Garrett Smith kirjoitti:

    > So how does the [faq] META information look?

    Is there a reason for two DCTERMS.language? One with and the other
    without the scheme attribute?

    --
    Best wishes,
    Osmo
    Osmo Saarikumpu, Nov 5, 2009
  7. Garrett Smith wrote:

    > Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn wrote:
    >> Garrett Smith wrote:
    >>> * Meta information:

    >> You are too fast for me. I was going to comment on your reply later,
    >> probably on the weekend.

    > So how does the META information look?

    Looks a bit hard to read (why not use newlines to help with the review?),
    otherwise good. But see my other comments in
    <news:> and the followup.

    DCTERMS.language is a duplicate, indeed. (Maybe newlines would help to see
    more duplicates.)

    PointedEars
    will want to steal it.)
    Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn, Nov 5, 2009
  8. Osmo Saarikumpu wrote:
    > Garrett Smith kirjoitti:
    >
    >> So how does the [faq] META information look?

    > Is there a reason for two DCTERMS.language? One with and the other
    > without the scheme attribute?

    No, that was a mistake. Corrected locally as:
    --
    Garrett
    Garrett Smith, Nov 5, 2009
  9. In comp.lang.javascript message <hc8kib$ein$-
    september.org>, Tue, 27 Oct 2009 21:24:22, Garrett Smith
    <> posted:

    >* Posting code:
    > Removed: "If the code is more than about 300 lines, provide a link
    >instead." because nobody objected to my suggestion of removing it.

    It should be restored.

    Dr J R Stockton, Nov 5, 2009