UpdatePanel acts differently inside Content area of Master Page

John Kotuby

Hi all,

Just wondering why this would happen. I had created a standalone ASPX page
in which 5 controls are wrapped in an UpdatePanel. The idea is Control1
selection populates Control2 then Control2 populates Control3, all depending
upon which selection the user makes in each contol. For example the Ctrl1 is
a DataList. A selection there populates a 3rd party Grid Control. Selection
of a Grid row populates a MultiView control.

It was all working fine without an obvious Page refresh until I recreated
that page inside of the content area of a Master Page. Now the page
obviously refreshes in its entirety instead of just staying on-screen and
having children of the Update Panel get "updated" with the appropriate
content.

Is there something different I must do to make the updating work correctly
in the context of a Master Page?

Thanks for any help...

bruce barker

no. you must have made an mistake in converting the page.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)

Scott Roberts

John Kotuby said:
[...]

Did you put a ScriptManagerProxy on the content page. I think that this used
to be a requirement, although I seem to recall reading that it may not be
required anymore (not sure what version that may or may not have happened).
Anyway, it's something you might look into.

John Kotuby

Thanks Scott,
I'll look into it. I was offline all day today coverting my internet access
from DSL to CABLE. What a pain...