UpdatePanel and controls

DavidC

Is it best to always have the web control completely encased in the
UpdatePanel, or is it possible to just have it in part of the control? For
example, I have a ListView control that I only need Ajax ability in the
InsertTemplate. I tried it once before inside an EditTemplate but got
strange results in the Update command. What are the pros and cons and if
only inside part of a web control then what do I have to be aware of when
inserting or editing? Thanks.