UpdatePanel - full refresh

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by abcd, Oct 2, 2008.

  1. abcd

    abcd Guest

    I have a master page which has Script Manager declared.

    I have content page TestContent.aspx, it includes User Controls (.ascx)
    called FirstControl.ascx.

    FirstControl.ascx includes another user control called SecondControl.ascx.

    SecondControl.ascx has Update Panel (upREfreshMeOnly) and a button - Search
    button outside the Update Panel. When I click that button the whole page
    refreshes and I want it should refresh onlyu upRefreshMeOnly Update Panel.

    I am using UpdateMode = Conditional.
    I tried ChildrenAsTriggers="false" too.
    I tried using upREfreshMeOnly.Update on SearchButtonClick.

    I tried Triggers also...

    Something is not going on correct here. can someone focus and help me to get
    refreshed only the said UpdatePanel.

    Thanks
    abcd, Oct 2, 2008

  2. abcd

    Hillbilly Guest

    Apparently there are some "annoyances" when trying to use AJAX with Master
    Pages but you'll likely get more insight at the asp.net forums. Its almost
    like a conspiracy because few if anybody will even discuss certain 2.0
    issues in the newsgroups...

    Hillbilly, Oct 3, 2008