UpdatePanel - full refresh

abcd

I have a master page which has Script Manager declared.

I have content page TestContent.aspx, it includes User Controls (.ascx)
called FirstControl.ascx.

FirstControl.ascx includes another user control called SecondControl.ascx.

SecondControl.ascx has Update Panel (upREfreshMeOnly) and a button - Search
button outside the Update Panel. When I click that button the whole page
refreshes and I want it should refresh onlyu upRefreshMeOnly Update Panel.

I am using UpdateMode = Conditional.
I tried ChildrenAsTriggers="false" too.
I tried using upREfreshMeOnly.Update on SearchButtonClick.

I tried Triggers also...

Something is not going on correct here. can someone focus and help me to get
refreshed only the said UpdatePanel.

Thanks

Hillbilly

Apparently there are some "annoyances" when trying to use AJAX with Master
Pages but you'll likely get more insight at the asp.net forums. Its almost
like a conspiracy because few if anybody will even discuss certain 2.0
issues in the newsgroups...