UpdatePanel in a UserControl not working on another server

ree321

On my development machine when I created a webpage that has an user
control with an update panel it worked fine. But when I uploaded the
code to the web server it keeps throwing these errors:
Could not find updatepanel with ID ...
referring to the update panel in the user control.

When I was upgrading this project from 1.1 to 2.0 on my development
machine I had similar problems. What I had to was to create a new 3.5
project then only the update panel in inside the user control would
work (on my development machine).
So I am not sure what could be causing the problems on the server
machine.

They both have .Net framework 3.5 SP1 installed, along with ASP.net
2.0 Ajax Extensions 1.0. My dev. machine is XP SP3 and the server is a
Windows 2003 server.

Thanks

ree321

On my development machine when I created a webpage that has an user
control with an update panel it worked fine. But when I uploaded the
code to the web server it keeps throwing these errors:
Could not find updatepanel with ID ...
referring to the update panel in the user control.

When I was upgrading this project from 1.1 to 2.0 on my development
machine I had similar problems. What I had to was  to create a new 3.5
project then only the update panel in inside the user control would
work (on my development machine).
So I am not sure what could be causing the problems on the server
machine.

They both have .Net framework 3.5 SP1 installed, along with ASP.net
2.0 Ajax Extensions 1.0. My dev. machine is XP SP3 and the server is a
Windows 2003 server.

Thanks

I found what was causing the problem: there was a root application
which was using an older .Net framework.

On my dev. machine this application was not in the root folder so it
was not causing issue. But on the server it was (and has to be).
The solution was to use
<location path="." inheritInChildApplications="false" >

around the <system.web> tag of the web.config of the root application.

i.e.
<location path="." inheritInChildApplications="false" >
<system.web>........

</system.web>
</location>