Updating 3 interdependant dropdowns using ajax

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Stimp, Dec 13, 2006.

  1. Stimp

    Stimp Guest

    I have 3 dropdowns: country, county and district.

    I'm using ajax to dynamically populate the county and district dropdowns
    when country dropdown is changed (and similarly the district dropdown when
    county is changed).

    This works fine, but unfortunately when I reload the page (via pressing a
    button on the page), the county and district lists are emptied (obviously
    because they haven't been stored in viewstate, etc)

    I'm wrecking my head trying to come up with an elegant solution to this.
    Any suggestions?

    Thanks !
    Peter
    --

    fiddlewidawiddum
    Stimp, Dec 13, 2006

  2. Stimp

    Stimp Guest

    > Stimp,
    > This is one of the problems with the use of the "AJAX" buzzword; nobody
    > knows "which" Framwork / tool you are using to do your "AJAX-ing.
    >
    > The anthem.net framework, which is an open source "AJAX" library is
    > available on sourceforge.net and one of the provided example pages in it does
    > exactly what you describe, if that helps.
    > Peter

    Interesting, I wasn't aware of any such libraries (except Atlas
    obviously!) ... I'll check it out.

    I'm not actually using any framework/tool to do the ajax. I've created
    my own ajax javascript code.

    --

    fiddlewidawiddum
    Stimp, Dec 14, 2006