Updating a DB

ProgramAnalyst

hey all,

I've just spent the day creating a page that displays records from a
DB in a table. Each record has its own table and when u click the
"edit" button the fields become enabled and what I would like is that
when u click the "save" button the DB gets updated.

Since tables dont have viewstate a co-worker of mine suggest that each
control in the table should be placed in an arrayList so they can
easily be accessed. I went ahead and did this and finised the page.

the problem: Any changes u make to the page before hitting "save" dont
stay because I have to recreate the tables so all the old info is
loaded in. If I dont recreate the tables then all my arrayLists are
empty (why i dont know because the arrayLists have global scope)...

does anyone know what I must do to fix it so my arrayLists dont get
emptied?

Thanks in advance.

*-----------------------*
Posted at:
www.GroupSrv.com
*-----------------------*

ProgramAnalyst

Thanks for the quick reply but after reading up on the data grid it
looks like it would take a lot of extra work just to recreate the
formatting I already have with the tables.

Does anyone see a way I can keep what I have but work around the
tables not having view state?

Just throwing out an idea I havnt tried yet but what if I give each
control in the table an ID...then the table might not exist on
postback but I could at least find the control...maybe?

Thanks.

Posted at:
www.GroupSrv.com