updating a dropdownbox and gridcontrols using a submit button

derek

Hello,

I have been trying for a while but have been unable to do this:

I have two drop down lists and a submit button. After choosing
appropriate values in the dropdowwnlists, I hit the submit button. This
connects to the backend and updates a field in a table.

Ideally, the select operation used to select the members of the
dropdown list should be run on the table again as the insert operation
changes things - I want the dropdownlist to be refreshed by rerunnign
the associated query.

I have a gridview that displays data from the table the dropdownview is
updating. But that gridview;s data is also not being refreshed to
reflect the change made to the table. I am a novice asp .net
programmer. Plz help,

Thanks, Sincerely, Derek

Brock Allen

The code you run to populate the DropDownList should simply be reexecuted
in your button click event handler.