    App1. Is this the next best thing to being able to update our application
    since we cannot make changes without affecting logged in users? Thanks in
    advance for any help.

    =?Utf-8?B?V2FubmFiZQ==?=, Feb 7, 2007

  2. Wannabe,
    When you physically copy new assemblies, web.config or pages to your running
    application, the original continues to run until all current requests have
    completed.
    Peter

    --
    Site: http://www.eggheadcafe.com
    Short urls & more: http://ittyurl.net

    =?Utf-8?B?UGV0ZXIgQnJvbWJlcmcgW0MjIE1WUF0=?=, Feb 7, 2007

  3. Thanks for the reply, but that is not what we are seeing. When we manually
    copy a new assembly, any users currently in the system will have their
    session information cleared and be forced to re-login. Is there some setting
    in IIS or something we are missing?

    =?Utf-8?B?V2FubmFiZQ==?=, Feb 7, 2007
  4. That's correct. I said, "until all current requests have completed". When a
    new request comes in, it goes to the "new" version, which of course has no
    Session state for that user (yet). If you need Session to persist across app
    restarts, you could look into using State Server or SQL server Session state,
    depending on how important this is to you.
    Peter

    =?Utf-8?B?UGV0ZXIgQnJvbWJlcmcgW0MjIE1WUF0=?=, Feb 7, 2007