Updating Existing Web Apps via Installer

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Billy K., Feb 23, 2006.

  1. Billy K.

    Billy K. Guest

    How would one create sometime of installer package that would allow a user
    to update an ASP.NET 2.0 INTRANET site with ease.

    I have created an application for medical practices which is really just an
    intranet site on their network which they access via an HTA on each
    workstation. From time to time, I deliver updates/upgrades. I use the new
    Web deployment tool which creates a pre-compiles version with all source
    code hidden. I either use a VPN (IF they have one) and go to each office
    myself and simply copy the new files for the web over the old ones. It works
    fine, but I'd love to streamline by giving them a downloadable installer to
    do the same. I do NOT want to have the thing reinstall the Web itself, due
    to the special security settings in place to allow writing to certain
    subfolders.

    Thanks,

    Billy K.

    Billy K., Feb 23, 2006