Updating site database remotely

John

Hi

We have our web site remotely hosted by a service provider. What we need is
to from time to time remotely upload transactions to the site from our
office vb.net database app, so the site can display the information for site
visitors. I am considering two scenarios, could someone tell me which is
better?

Scenario 1: Use SQL Server as site backend and connect remotely to the db
using ip/port/user/pass.

Scenario 2: Use either access or SQL Server and pass parameters to an
asp.net page which will update the database.

Thanks

Regards