Updating Website Content based on Form Submission

bwilde

Hello,

I'm trying to set up a website for my wedding. I'd like to make a
page where people can give us money towards our honeymoon as a gift,
rather than a traditional gift registry at a store. My idea is to
have a list of things that we want, and for every one that somebody
hasn't picked yet, a button that lets then pick that item. Shortly
after they click it, I'd like for the website to somehow reflect that
it's no longer available for somebody else to pick, and perhaps send
them an email describing it.

Is there a (preferably free) tool to easily do this? I'm not even
sure what this technique would be called (as you can probably tell by
the subject of this post), making google searches very difficult.

Thanks!

Adrienne Boswell

Gazing into my crystal ball I observed (e-mail address removed) writing in
Hello,

I'm trying to set up a website for my wedding. I'd like to make a
page where people can give us money towards our honeymoon as a gift,
rather than a traditional gift registry at a store. My idea is to
have a list of things that we want, and for every one that somebody
hasn't picked yet, a button that lets then pick that item. Shortly
after they click it, I'd like for the website to somehow reflect that
it's no longer available for somebody else to pick, and perhaps send
them an email describing it.

Is there a (preferably free) tool to easily do this? I'm not even
sure what this technique would be called (as you can probably tell by
the subject of this post), making google searches very difficult.

Thanks!

I know that Evite has something similar to this, ask guests to bring
something, and each guest can only pick one. I'm sure there are also
registries online - Google for them.