Upgrade 1 to1.1 Problem need help

noone

I upgraded VS 2003 and asked my ISP (MaximumASP) to upgrade the server to
net 1.1. That was two weeks ago and I am having a problem that will not go
away. When publishing the site from VS I get an error that 1.1 cannot be
found.
Tech takes a few days to figure it out and consult with MS before the come
to the conclusion that a file called get_aspx_ver.aspx is missing or
needed, since the file could not be found the get_aspx_ver.aspx request was
being redirected to my custom 404 page. They put a dummy file in and it
worked for awhile then failed when I lost my connection halfway through an
upload (Not the only time I had lost my connection during U/l). I am stuck,
they seem to be stuck, anybody have any suggestion how we might get unstuck?

Please forward replies to Jon AT Pokersearch DOT com (replace AT with @ and
Dot with .) as well as posting to the thread.

Ryan Gregg

Jon,
VS.NET 2003 is using that file, get_aspx_ver.aspx to retrive the version
number from the web server of the .NET framework that is running
applications. The file doesn't ever exist. This is an upgrade over VS 2002
which requested a similar file with the .tmp extension. When you have a
custom 404 page, it seems that it isn't being routed through the ASP.NET
engine, and thus the headers that ASP.NET sends aren't being added.

If you can manually at HTTP headers to the result that your server sends out
when it requests the custom 404 page, you should add these headers:

Or, a better suggestion is to either
a) Have your ISP add a script map for your website that makes your 404
file go through the ASP.NET engine. This will add the required headers, but
shouldn't affect the performance or speed of your website.
b) Remove the custom 404 page, or make it an .aspx file.

HTH

Ryan Gregg