upgrade help.

RP

Hi all, I need some help with understanding 1.1 vs. 1.0 configurations. Here
is my current setup:

1. Development/Test - win2k sp3, .net 1.0 sp2
2. Production - win2k sp3, .net 1.0 sp2

Everything has been working fine. Now I have been instructed to transfer my
dev server to a new windows 2003 server that our admin has setup. Reason
being the current dev server is my laptop and they are getting paranoid.
Also, they would like to have the dev code available during non-office hours
i.e. my laptop turned off.

Anyways, due to size of the application(s) and the time restrictions I am
unable to port all the code to 1.1 and test it and update the production
server too. So my question is, will my code compiled in 1.0 work fine on 1.1
environment without needing to re-compile under 1.1.

Plus, I was thinking about continuing dev/upgrade work on my laptop for a
while until we are ready to undertake the porting to 1.1 project. In that
case I was thinking that I will compile all the dlls on my computer, but
they will reside on the server. Would this work fine or would it raise any
issues?

Ultimately my goal is to move everything to 1.1 (by then knowing MS 1.2 will
be out!! lol!!) and just wipe my machine clean and load Windows XP and
VS.Net. All .aspx files will actually reside on our 2003 server. That is
much cleaner than what I am doing right now.

Much thanks in advance.