upgrade strwaberry perl

david

Hi all,

I have strawberry perl version 5.10.4 and want to upgrade to version
5.
Is there any way to upgrade without reinstalling all modules ?

Thanks,
David

sisyphus

Save the contents of the relevant subdirectories under

C:\strawberry\perl\site\lib

Is it necessary to do that ?
I would expect that installing 'over the top' of the existing
installation would clobber *only* those existing files that need to be
overwritten, and everything else would remain intact.

I guess it's safer to keep a backup copy of the site\lib folder
somewhere, in case my expectations are not realised :)

Cheers,
Rob

A. Sinan Unur

Is it necessary to do that ?

I don't think so, but I did not try. I am not sure if the installer
first removes everything (although I would assume it would at least
leave stuff under site which was not originally installed by the
installer). In any case, saving the stuff means david will be safe,
regardless.
I would expect that installing 'over the top' of the existing
installation would clobber *only* those existing files that need to be
overwritten, and everything else would remain intact.

I guess it's safer to keep a backup copy of the site\lib folder
somewhere, in case my expectations are not realised :)

Thanks for reading my mind ;-)

Sinan

--
A. Sinan Unur <[email protected]>