    Is there any way to upgrade without reinstalling all modules ?

    Thanks,
    David
    david, Jun 11, 2009

  2. david <> wrote in
    news::

    > I have strawberry perl version 5.10.4 and want to upgrade to version
    > 5. Is there any way to upgrade without reinstalling all modules ?

    Save the contents of the relevant subdirectories under

    C:\strawberry\perl\site\lib

    Sinan
    --
    A. Sinan Unur <>

    http://www.rehabitation.com/clpmisc/
    A. Sinan Unur, Jun 11, 2009

  3. david

    sisyphus Guest

    On Jun 12, 2:55 am, "A. Sinan Unur" <> wrote:

    > Save the contents of the relevant subdirectories under
    >
    > C:\strawberry\perl\site\lib

    Is it necessary to do that ?
    I would expect that installing 'over the top' of the existing
    installation would clobber *only* those existing files that need to be
    overwritten, and everything else would remain intact.

    I guess it's safer to keep a backup copy of the site\lib folder
    somewhere, in case my expectations are not realised :)

    Cheers,
    Rob
    sisyphus, Jun 12, 2009
  4. sisyphus <> wrote in news:6ef05740-e5c6-4ff9-bbb4-
    :

    > On Jun 12, 2:55 am, "A. Sinan Unur" <> wrote:
    >
    >> Save the contents of the relevant subdirectories under
    >>
    >> C:\strawberry\perl\site\lib

    > Is it necessary to do that ?

    I don't think so, but I did not try. I am not sure if the installer
    first removes everything (although I would assume it would at least
    leave stuff under site which was not originally installed by the
    installer). In any case, saving the stuff means david will be safe,
    regardless.

    > I would expect that installing 'over the top' of the existing
    > installation would clobber *only* those existing files that need to be
    > overwritten, and everything else would remain intact.
    >
    > I guess it's safer to keep a backup copy of the site\lib folder
    > somewhere, in case my expectations are not realised :)

    Thanks for reading my mind ;-)

    Sinan

    A. Sinan Unur, Jun 12, 2009