Upgrade to MSDN Subscrip

CMoya

I seem to remember a few years ago we purchased an MSDN Subcription for one
of our developers as an "Upgrade" to a retail boxed standalone Visual
Studio.NET 2003 that we had purchased. Does anyone know if this is still
possible and hopefully provide a link? The info on the MSDN site of all the
various options is way way confusing. TIA.

SurturZ

Yeah it does, it says:
"Upgrade information for Visual Studio 2005 Professional
Customers who qualify for the upgrade price include licensed users of the
following Microsoft and competitor products:
Microsoft products
<snip> Visual Studio .NET 2003 Professional Edition
Visual Studio .NET 2003 Professional Special Edition
Visual Studio .NET 2003 Enterprise Developer
Visual Studio .NET 2003 Enterprise Architect
<snip>"

So if you have a retail box of VS.NET, you can get the upgrade price.

From memory you need to snail-mail them the product key from your boxed set.
I think that's what I did when I bought my subscription. I don't know if you
can access the online MSDN Concierge, but he should be able to help.

CMoya

Thank you. That seems to be for the Visual Studio boxed package... not
including MSDN Subscription. Maybe I'm getting old and can't read. :)
My IT guy already ordered it from CDW so the point is now moot I think.
Thanks again.

--
-C. Moya
http://www.cmoya.com

SurturZ said:
Yeah it does, it says:
"Upgrade information for Visual Studio 2005 Professional
Customers who qualify for the upgrade price include licensed users of the
following Microsoft and competitor products:
Microsoft products
<snip> Visual Studio .NET 2003 Professional Edition
Visual Studio .NET 2003 Professional Special Edition
Visual Studio .NET 2003 Enterprise Developer
Visual Studio .NET 2003 Enterprise Architect
<snip>"

So if you have a retail box of VS.NET, you can get the upgrade price.

From memory you need to snail-mail them the product key from your boxed
set.