Upgraded to ASP.NET 3.5, Installed VS 2008 and now AJAX problem

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by mazdotnet, Feb 1, 2008.

  1. mazdotnet

    mazdotnet Guest

    Hi all,

    I've just upgrade our site to the latest asp.net 3.5 using visual
    studio 2008. However, I can not get the AJAX component to work
    properly. My application runs fine but it keeps doing a postback on
    the whole page when testing AJAX. I tried this Microsoft example as
    well and same thing problem. Any idea what could be the problem? It
    compiles fine but no

    My code was taken from http://asp.net/ajax/documentation/live/ViewSample.aspx?sref=UpdatePan...

    My code -----------------------------------------------

    CodeFile="Default.aspx.cs" Inherits="Test_ajax_Default" %>

    "http://

    <head runat="server">
    </head>

    <form id="form1" runat="server">
    <asp:ScriptManager id="ScriptManager1" runat="server">
    </asp:ScriptManager>
    <asp:UpdatePanel id="UpdatePanel1" UpdateMode="Conditional"
    runat="server">
    <ContentTemplate>
    <fieldset>
    <legend>Parent UpdatePanel</legend>
    Last refresh <%=DateTime.Now.ToString() %> <br />
    <asp:Button ID="Button1" runat="server" Text="Refresh
    Outer Panel" />
    <asp:UpdatePanel ID="UpdatePanel2" runat="server">
    <ContentTemplate>
    <fieldset>
    <legend>Nested UpdatePanel</legend>
    Last refresh <%=DateTime.Now.ToString() %>
    <asp:Calendar ID="Calendar1"
    runat="server"></
    asp:Calendar>
    </fieldset>