Upgrading from VB 6 to VB.Net

nair.rekha

hello,
my projects were mainly in VB 6.0 but now i want to upgrade it to VB.Net but the problem is that there are 2 user controls 1.treeview,2.MS-Flex grid
which doesnt get upgraded...
since all my forms uses these controls,none of them have been upgraded properly...
i dont want to recreate entire project & project is huge.plz give me suggestions for this asap
thanx in advance
rekha

Buddy

You might want to convert vb6 to C#. check this link.

http://www.netcoole.com/vb6tocs.htm

my projects were mainly in VB 6.0 but now i want to
upgrade it to VB.Net but the problem is that there are 2
user controls 1.treeview,2.MS-Flex grid
which doesnt get upgraded...
since all my forms uses these controls,none of them have been upgraded properly...
i dont want to recreate entire project & project is
huge.plz give me suggestions for this asap
thanx in advance
rekha

Comprehensive, categorised, searchable collection of
links to ASP & ASP.NET resources...

Joined
Jun 25, 2009
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
GreatMigrations offers a VB6/ASP/COM to .NET migration toolset that can be configured to help you migrate any COM API/Control to an appropriate .NET replacement (and avoid interop). The facility helps automate many aspects of re-engineering: everything from assembly references to enums, properties, methods, events, and designer code. It takes some design and XML coding to setup, but once the details are worked out the translator can apply the rules to your entire codebase and save you a lot of work.