Upgrading to .NET 2.0

Nitin Singh

Well

We have Visual Studio 2003 Professional Edition, with .NET 1.1
We want to upgrade to newer .NET 2.0. Do we have to get VS 2005 to use it.

Also, how can we go to get new features like debugger visualisers with our
scenario. What is the upgrade path for us. Can use just install the beta of
VS 2005 on our existing installations of VS 2003 to use the new features.
Will it created some problems. Or do we have to get entire suite of VS 2005
altogether.

Thanks

Nitin Singh

Phil Wright

The release of VS.NET 2005, and therefore .NET2, is the 7th November 2005.
At that point you will just open up your existing project using VS.NET 2005
and it will automatically upgrade your solution and projects to the latest
format. Then you compile and fix any minor issues that result from the
compilation.

Hey presto you are now using .NET2. There are a few breaking changes but it
should not be a major issue for the vast majroity of peope.

Phil Wright
Follow my startup microISV at...
http://componentfactory.blogspot.com