Upgrading to .NET framework v1.1

Sesha

Hi,

I have installed Visual Studio .NET in my system couple of days back.
I had .NET framework v1.0 along with the Visual Studio.NET.
Now i need to change it to .NET framework v1.1.
For that i have downloaded .NET framework v1.1 and installed.
The main problem i am facing now is "when i checked for the .NET framework
version in .Visual Studio .NET environment still it is showing that the
current version of .NET framework is v1.0 itself ".
So now my requriement is to use .NET framework v1.1 instead of v1.0 along
with Visual Studio .NET.
I am very thank full if anybody can help me out.

Thanks,
P.V.A.Sesha Sai

Jay B. Harlow [MVP - Outlook]

Sesha,
To upgrade VS.NET to the newer version of .NET Framework, you need to
actually upgrade VS.NET. Upgrading just the framework will not change
VS.NET.

The version of the framework is 'hardcoded' in the version of VS.NET.

There is a $29 upgrade offer for VS.NET if you have a qualifying version:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/howtobuy/upgrade/vstudio03/

Hope this helps
Jay