Upgrading to .Net Framework v2

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Simon Harris, Dec 3, 2005.

  1. Simon Harris

    Simon Harris Guest

    Hi All,

    I am currently developing a number of projects which are published with a
    few different hosting companies.

    I wish to upgrade to v2 of the framework on my development machine,
    problem
    is that none of the hosts we use currently support v2.

    Does anyone know if Visual Studio 2003 will be made 'aware' of v2 when I
    install the framework, or will it only give me the 1.1 options?

    I guess I'm talking about intellisense. I want to avoid, or at least know
    when I am using something from the v2 framework that may not work when I
    deploy it.

    Thanks,
    Simon.

    It has removed 2924 spam emails to date.
    Try www.SPAMfighter.com for free now!

    Simon Harris, Dec 3, 2005

  2. VS 2003 can be made 'aware' of 1.0 and 1.1, but not 2.0. That is why you'll
    need VS 2005 for 2.0.

    www.mendhak.com

    S.M. Altaf [MVP], Dec 3, 2005

  3. Simon Harris

    Simon Harris Guest

    "S.M. Altaf [MVP]" <> wrote in message
    > VS 2003 can be made 'aware' of 1.0 and 1.1, but not 2.0. That is why
    > you'll need VS 2005 for 2.0.

    Thanks for your reply. Understood, but what I am asking is will I end up
    having to find a hosting company that is offering .Net Framework v2 support
    (Changing hosts right now is not an option), or can I install the framework
    on my dev machine, and happily code away in VS 2003, knowing that it will
    only allow me to utilise v1.1 compatible code?

    Simon Harris, Dec 3, 2005
  4. "Simon Harris" <> a écrit dans le message de
    news: uJiimnC%...

    > "S.M. Altaf [MVP]" <> wrote in message
    >> VS 2003 can be made 'aware' of 1.0 and 1.1, but not 2.0. That is why
    >> you'll need VS 2005 for 2.0.

    > Thanks for your reply. Understood, but what I am asking is will I end up
    > having to find a hosting company that is offering .Net Framework v2
    > support (Changing hosts right now is not an option), or can I install the
    > framework on my dev machine, and happily code away in VS 2003, knowing
    > that it will only allow me to utilise v1.1 compatible code?

    Both tools can be setup side by side, a non converted project will stay in
    1.1.

    Asp.Net 2.0 has also his own mini web server, it can be setup on XP Home (no
    need for IIS for development).

    Michel de Becdelièvre, Dec 3, 2005
  5. Simon Harris

    Simon Harris Guest

    > Both tools can be setup side by side, a non converted project will stay
    in
    > 1.1.
    >
    > Asp.Net 2.0 has also his own mini web server, it can be setup on XP Home
    > (no need for IIS for development).

    Thanks! :)

    Simon Harris, Dec 4, 2005