upgrading to XP Pro

Shay

Hello Everyone , i am trying to learn ASP 3.0 and i have XP Home and i know
XP Home does not support ASP or IIS , so i have to upgrade to XP Pro , but i
have never done an upgrade before . So all i need is to plug the XP Pro cd
and let it run . Does it gonna harm the exicting drivers and present setting.

Tim Slattery

Shay said:
Hello Everyone , i am trying to learn ASP 3.0 and i have XP Home and i know
XP Home does not support ASP or IIS, so i have to upgrade to XP Pro , but i
have never done an upgrade before. So all i need is to plug the XP Pro cd
and let it run. Does it gonna harm the exicting drivers and present setting.

The upgrade from XP Home to XP Pro is easy and painless. As you said,
just stick the XP Pro Upgrade CD in the slot and let it do its thing.
Your drivers, installed program and data won't be disturbed (but it's
always a good idea to do a backup).

Roland Hall

in message
: An upgrade from Home to Pro want help you. You need to install PRO from
: scratch.

It won't help you do what?

--
Roland Hall
or fitness for a particular purpose. */

Mark Schupp

Yes, definitely do a backup of anything you cannot afford to lose anytime
you do any kind of system upgrade.

The OP might want to have a look at
microsoft.public.windowsxp.setup_deployment for further information.

Joker

IIS does not work on a Windows XP Home to Windows XP Pro upgrade because
of some registry key settings from when home is installed if I remember
correctly.

The solution is a FFR or FR as the case may be.

Roland said:
in message
: An upgrade from Home to Pro want help you. You need to install PRO from
: scratch.

It won't help you do what?

assistance.

time.