    XP Home does not support ASP or IIS , so i have to upgrade to XP Pro , but i
    have never done an upgrade before . So all i need is to plug the XP Pro cd
    and let it run . Does it gonna harm the exicting drivers and present setting.
    Shay, Oct 5, 2004

  2. Shay

    John Guest

    An upgrade from Home to Pro want help you. You need to install PRO from
    scratch.
    John, Oct 5, 2004

  3. Shay

    Tim Slattery Guest

    "Shay" <> wrote:

    >Hello Everyone , i am trying to learn ASP 3.0 and i have XP Home and i know
    >XP Home does not support ASP or IIS, so i have to upgrade to XP Pro , but i
    >have never done an upgrade before. So all i need is to plug the XP Pro cd
    >and let it run. Does it gonna harm the exicting drivers and present setting.

    The upgrade from XP Home to XP Pro is easy and painless. As you said,
    just stick the XP Pro Upgrade CD in the slot and let it do its thing.
    Your drivers, installed program and data won't be disturbed (but it's
    always a good idea to do a backup).

    --
    Tim Slattery
    MS MVP(DTS)
    Tim Slattery, Oct 5, 2004
  4. Shay

    Roland Hall Guest

    "John" wrote in message
    : An upgrade from Home to Pro want help you. You need to install PRO from
    : scratch.

    It won't help you do what?

    --
    Roland Hall
    or fitness for a particular purpose. */
    Roland Hall, Oct 5, 2004
  5. Shay

    Mark Schupp Guest

    Yes, definitely do a backup of anything you cannot afford to lose anytime
    you do any kind of system upgrade.

    The OP might want to have a look at
    microsoft.public.windowsxp.setup_deployment for further information.

    --
    Mark Schupp
    Head of Development

    Mark Schupp, Oct 5, 2004
  6. Shay

    Joker Guest

    IIS does not work on a Windows XP Home to Windows XP Pro upgrade because
    of some registry key settings from when home is installed if I remember
    correctly.

    The solution is a FFR or FR as the case may be.

    Roland Hall wrote:

    > "John" wrote in message
    > : An upgrade from Home to Pro want help you. You need to install PRO from
    > : scratch.
    >
    > It won't help you do what?

    assistance.

    time.