upload and download files ASP.NET C# IIS7

Discussion in '.NET' started by learn.aspx, May 3, 2011.

  1. learn.aspx

    learn.aspx

    Joined:
    May 3, 2011
    Messages:

    My requirement is, User uploads an excel file, i need to process that excel and store required info in DB and create new excel with required data for user on his computer.

    I used fileupload control. I have created a folder in my application to store uploaded files. Once the user uploaded a file, i am taking that file and storing it in my application folder. Then I am processing it.

    Now my user needs to save new excel file on his computer. For this, i provided a textbox for user to enter path where to store the new file.

    everything is fine while running in VWD. But when i am running website using IIS7, i got few probs.

    1) fileupload error: User has no access to create a file in my application folders.

    2) IIS says destination directory does not exist. Because IIS cannot read the directory path on client computer.

    I think both are some authentication issues.

    Please guide me on this. If you have the other way in doing this please suggest

    Thanks

    learn.aspx, May 3, 2011