    only 2mb, or i ust register to use it.
    Someone can help me, i don't know code to make it up.

    Thanks, McK
    McK, May 25, 2004

  2. On Tue, 25 May 2004 16:21:16 GMT, McK wrote:

    > I saw some applet in internet but they're all shareware and i can upload
    > only 2mb, or i ust register to use it.

    So register. What do you think
    Java programmers eat? ..air?

    --
    Andrew Thompson
    Andrew Thompson, May 25, 2004

  3. McK

    McK Guest

    Register... they want 400$, and my university professor want source code of
    my program!! :D
    So i think it's better if i make an applet and not buy another one! :D

    McK

    McK, May 25, 2004
  4. On Tue, 25 May 2004 17:08:41 GMT, McK wrote:
    > "Andrew Thompson" <> ha scritto nel messaggio
    >> On Tue, 25 May 2004 16:21:16 GMT, McK wrote:

    >>> I saw some applet in internet but they're all shareware and i can upload
    >>> only 2mb, or i ust register to use it.

    >> So register. What do you think
    >> Java programmers eat? ..air?

    <top-posting corrected..>
    <http://www.physci.org/codes/javafaq.jsp#netiquette>

    > Register... they want 400$,

    What's the URL?

    >..and my university professor want source code of
    > my program!! :D

    Are you joking *now*, or were you joking
    before when you asked?
    "Hi all, i need to make a little applet for
    my website to upload file (5/8mb)
    in a specific directory."

    "Someone can help me, i don't know code to make it up."

    If you are serious that you need to write this
    but do not know where to start, begin here..

    But have a good long look through that
    document first and follow the links to
    'smart questions' as I doubt you will get
    far without it.

    F'Ups set to c.l.j.help

    HTH

    --
    Andrew Thompson
    Andrew Thompson, May 25, 2004
  5. McK

    John Davison Guest

    McK wrote:
    > Register... they want 400$, and my university professor want source code of
    > my program!! :D
    > So i think it's better if i make an applet and not buy another one! :D

    Um, then what does "I don't know code to make it up" mean?

    I'm currently finishing up a project for a digital photography lab that
    allows people to upload any amount of data into specified directories.
    It allows for multiple users, password, full drag and drop, etc...

    It's not free, though, especially if you want the source code. But I
    won't charge $400 either :)

    - john

    Remove all the capital letter A's below to email me.

    John Davison, May 25, 2004
  6. McK

    Guest

    McK wrote:
    > Hi all, i need to make a little applet for my website to upload file (5/8mb)

    Peace be unto you.

    Try http://jvftp.sourceforge.net/
    Features (copied from web site):
    -Uploads / downloads files
    -Recursive directory uploads
    -Concurrent data transfers
    -Both passive / active data transfer modes
    -Swing components for browsing files and directories
    -AWT components for browsing files and directories

    This ftp library is licensed under the GPL
    according
    to the homepage (http://jvftp.sourceforge.net/)
    or LGPL according to the sourceforge
    page (http://sourceforge.net/projects/jvftp).

    Here is info about the GPL
    http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/gpl.html

    Anyways,
    This example illustrates an unsigned version
    that works only on
    Microsoft Internet Explorer JVM 1.1.
    Enter your password first.
    Enter a file name in the north box
    Enter your content in the center box.
    I successfully upload 855 kb of text.

    On Server
    jvftplib.cab
    FtpApplet.class
    FtpApplet$DialogFrame.class
    Ftp.html
    COPYING (license)

    1. Downloaded jvftp-bin-0_72.zip
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/jvftp

    2. Renamed jvftp-AWT.jar to jvftp-AWT.zip so I can easily unzip it.

    3. Created Comparable.java (package java lang)
    Obtained it from
    http://www.opensource.apple.com/darwinsource/10.3/gccfast-1614/libjava/java/lang/Comparable.java
    This is licensed under the GPL

    4. Compiled it using target since Internet Explorer has 1.1 jvm
    javac -target 1.1 Comparable.java

    5. Placed it in C:\downloads\jvftp-bin-0_72\jvftp\lib\jvftp-AWT\java\lang

    6. Created a CAB file since Internet Explorer does not support jar
    cabarc -r -p -P downloads\jvftp-bin-0_72\jvftp\lib\jvftp-AWT\ n jvftplib.cab C:\downloads\jvftp-bin-0_72\jvftp\lib\jvftp-AWT\*.*
    -r stands for recursive
    -p keeps the directory structure
    -P strips the path from the absolute path to create a relative path
    n create new cab
    See reference to obtain cabarc.exe

    7.Created Test Applet
    <code>
    import java.awt.*;
    import java.applet.*;
    import java.util.*;
    import java.net.*;
    import java.io.*;
    import java.text.*;
    import cz.dhl.io.*;
    import cz.dhl.ftp.*;

    public class FtpApplet extends Applet
    {
    private String username="";
    private String password="";
    private String host="";
    TextArea textDisplay = new TextArea(80,24);
    TextField fileName = new TextField(10);
    public void init()
    {
    host = getParameter("host");
    username = getParameter("username");
    new DialogFrame("Enter Password");
    setLayout(new BorderLayout());
    add("North", fileName);
    add("Center",textDisplay);
    add("South", new Button("Post"));
    }
    public boolean action(Event e, Object arg)
    {
    String label = (String)arg;
    if (label.equals("Clear"))
    {
    textDisplay.setText("");
    }
    else if (label.equals("Post"))
    {
    doPost();
    }
    return true;
    }
    public void doPost()
    {
    FtpOutputStream os = null;
    String line;
    FtpConnect cn = FtpConnect.newConnect("ftp://"+host+"/");
    cn.setUserName(username);
    cn.setPassWord(password);
    Ftp cl = new Ftp();
    try
    {
    cl.connect(cn);
    FtpFile file = new FtpFile(fileName.getText(), cl);
    System.out.println("From: " + file.toString());
    boolean append = true;
    os = new FtpOutputStream(file,append);
    BufferedWriter bw = new BufferedWriter(new OutputStreamWriter(os));
    line="<pre>"+textDisplay.getText()+"</pre>";
    bw.write(line,0,line.length());
    bw.close();
    }
    catch (IOException e)
    {
    System.out.println(e);
    }
    finally
    {
    if (os != null)
    {
    try
    {
    os.close();
    }
    catch (IOException e)
    cl.disconnect();
    textDisplay.setText("");
    }
    public class DialogFrame extends Frame
    {
    TextField inPassword = new TextField(10);
    DialogFrame(String title)
    {
    super(title);
    inPassword.setEchoChar('*');
    setLayout(new FlowLayout());
    add(inPassword);
    add(new Button("OK"));
    pack();
    show();
    }
    public boolean action(Event e, Object arg)
    {
    String label = (String)arg;
    if (label.equals("OK"))
    {
    password=inPassword.getText();
    dispose();
    }
    return true;
    </code>

    8. Compile using target since 1.1 jvm
    javac -classpath "C:\downloads\jvftp-bin-0_72\jvftp\lib\jvftp-AWT.jar" -target 1.1 FtpApplet.java

    10. Created the Ftp.html page which uses Cabbase so it downloads everytime.
    A better solution is Useslibrary (see references),
    which allows a archive to be download once and
    persist.
    <head>
    </head>
    <applet code=FtpApplet.class width=320 height=240
    archive="jvftplib.jar" codebase=".">
    <param name="cabbase" value="jvftplib.cab">
    <param name="username" value="mromarkhan">
    <param name="host" value="members.rogers.com">
    </applet>