Upload directory from browser possible?

Gary Mayor

Hi,
I was hopeing someone could tell me if there is a way to upload a
directory to a script from the browser. I can do it fine with a file at
a time but what about a directory.

Is this possible

Thanks

Gary

Toby A Inkster

Gary said:
I was hopeing someone could tell me if there is a way to upload a
directory to a script from the browser. I can do it fine with a file at
a time but what about a directory.

Ask the end user to put the whole directory into a ZIP file, upload that
and then unzip it at the other end.

Talc Ta Matt

Another option is drag and drop FTP access on the webpage using JS.

I'm not sure exactly what you want to do, so that may not work.

JustAnotherGuy

Toby said:
Gary Mayor wrote:

Ask the end user to put the whole directory into a ZIP file, upload that
and then unzip it at the other end.

Hm... so there's no mechanism to figure out if a user has selected
multiple files, the way applications can open multiple files?

Gary Mayor

Thanks for the replies the first answer was a bit depressing because
there seemed no way of doing it. Basically i'm trying to find an easy
way to upload a directory full of image files. At the moment i am asking
the user to zip the directory up then upload it which is a pain. So i'm
hoping there is a way using js or something.

Thanks

Disco Octopus

Gary said:
Hi,
I was hopeing someone could tell me if there is a way to upload a
directory to a script from the browser. I can do it fine with a file
at a time but what about a directory.

Is this possible

Thanks

Gary

you could try an approach like this one......

<form name="whatsee">
<input name="filething" type="file"
onkeyup="document.whatsee.buttonthing.disabled = (this.value.length == 0)"
/>
<input name="buttonthing" type="submit" disabled value="get another file"
onClick="doWhatYouGottaDo()" />
<input name="gothing" type="submit" />
</form>

.... a bit of script in there, so take care in your reasoning to use it.