    Is this possible

    Thanks

    Gary

    Gary Mayor, Dec 16, 2003

  2. Gary Mayor

    brucie Guest

    in post <news:brnt32$8si$>

    http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/forms/file.html#multi

    --
    brucie
    17/December/2003 07:26:40 am kilo

    brucie, Dec 16, 2003

  3. Gary Mayor wrote:

    > I was hopeing someone could tell me if there is a way to upload a
    > directory to a script from the browser. I can do it fine with a file at
    > a time but what about a directory.

    Ask the end user to put the whole directory into a ZIP file, upload that
    and then unzip it at the other end.

    --
    Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS

    Toby A Inkster, Dec 16, 2003
  4. Gary Mayor

    Talc Ta Matt Guest

    Another option is drag and drop FTP access on the webpage using JS.

    I'm not sure exactly what you want to do, so that may not work.

    Talc Ta Matt, Dec 16, 2003
  5. Toby A Inkster wrote:
    > Gary Mayor wrote:
    >

    >>I was hopeing someone could tell me if there is a way to upload a
    >>directory to a script from the browser. I can do it fine with a file at
    >>a time but what about a directory.

    > Ask the end user to put the whole directory into a ZIP file, upload that
    > and then unzip it at the other end.

    Hm... so there's no mechanism to figure out if a user has selected
    multiple files, the way applications can open multiple files?

    JustAnotherGuy, Dec 17, 2003
  6. Gary Mayor

    Gary Mayor Guest

    Thanks for the replies the first answer was a bit depressing because
    there seemed no way of doing it. Basically i'm trying to find an easy
    way to upload a directory full of image files. At the moment i am asking
    the user to zip the directory up then upload it which is a pain. So i'm
    hoping there is a way using js or something.

    Thanks

    Gary Mayor, Dec 17, 2003
  7. Gary Mayor wrote:
    > Hi,
    > I was hopeing someone could tell me if there is a way to upload a
    > directory to a script from the browser. I can do it fine with a file
    > at a time but what about a directory.
    >
    > Is this possible
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Gary

    you could try an approach like this one......

    <form name="whatsee">
    <input name="filething" type="file"
    onkeyup="document.whatsee.buttonthing.disabled = (this.value.length == 0)"
    />
    <input name="buttonthing" type="submit" disabled value="get another file"
    onClick="doWhatYouGottaDo()" />
    <input name="gothing" type="submit" />
    </form>

    .... a bit of script in there, so take care in your reasoning to use it.

    Disco Octopus, Dec 18, 2003