Upload document causes asp worker process to recycle

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Sunil Menon, Dec 11, 2003.

  1. Sunil Menon

    Sunil Menon Guest

    Dear All,
    I have written an application in ASP.Net where clients can upload
    their document on the WebServer.
    <input type="file" id="FileToUpload" name="FileToUpload">
    The function
    FileToUpload.PostedFile.SaveAs(filePath)
    takes more than 3 mins to upload a 600kb jpg file, in a network
    connected by a modem...as a result asp worker process gets
    recycled...is there a way to speed-up, prevent this other than
    changing the machine.config settings?
    Is there a better way to upload files? Can we use XMLHTTP object and
    read the file bytes from the client and then do a post?

    Please help...

    TALIA
    Many Regards
    Sunil