upload/download huge files

Jeff

Our company has to find a way to transfer huge files, target is maximum
of 6GB, between sites so we are looking to find the best way to do it.
There are lots of criteria we need but the most important is secure,
fast, and fault tolerant. We already have a secure website between
sites so one of the ideas was to use a control to upload and download
through there. For example, when downloading from MSDN they have a nice
download utility that handles files nicely. Something like that plus
have the ability to upload too would be fantastic.

I read somewhere that IIS does not allow uploads larger than 2GB. Not
sure if that is true or not, but if it is then that might be a problem.

We also have a secure FTP line and could use that if it proves best.
The one thing is we would really like to tie it to the website so that
the user experience is a lot easier.

Any suggestions out there?
Thanks,
Jeff

Jeff

Thanks for the link. I'll check it out. We don't have any problem
buying a utility as long as it does what we need.
Jeff

Jeff

FYI, I checked with one of my coworkers and he said they did buy FileUp
last year for something else but it wouldn't work with our secure
Internet site. FileUp is probably fine, it's just our site that we have
to use is very particular. We're now thinking that maybe a great FTP
client that has command line scripting might be the answer. WS_FTP Pro
seems to be good. Any others that have that kind of functionality?
Thanks,
Jeff

John Timney \( MVP \)

I'm not familair with scripting WS_FTP, but its very easy to script good old
ftp.exe.

That said, you might want to consider using some of the ftp products based
on SSH which offer secure FTP. Most of them are free.