Upload File / Component?

Alex

Dear all,

I am now creating an Content Management System which support 3
languages (English, Tranditional Chinese and Simplified Chinese). Before I
use the component (aspSmartUpload) to help me uploading photo and files. It
works for English and Traditional data; for Simplified Chinese Version, I
need to use unicode (nvarchar, nchar, ntext) to store the data in MSSQL;
however, I discover that the aspSmartUpload component can't get correct data
from the form so that all records become wrong coding after inserting into
the database. I would like to know are there any component which can
support storing unicode form data or how can I upload the file without any
component? Thank you for all of your help.

Alex Yung

Mike Levin

It's months later, but I just found this thread Googling. aspSmartUpload is an excellent component, IMHO. The trick to Unicode/utf-8 support is two-fold...

1. You must ensure that the page where the upload form resides has this meta tag...

META http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"
(pointy brackets left out for posting)

2. You must put the following command before objectName.Upload...

objectName.CodePage = "utf-8"

That should do it!

Mike Levin
http://www.mike-levin.com