    support storing unicode form data or how can I upload the file without any
    component? Thank you for all of your help.

    Alex Yung
    Alex, Oct 27, 2004

  2. Did you look at www.aspupload.com or www.softartisans.com ? They have the
    two best upload components, IMHO, and if any of them will support your
    requirements, I would bet it's them.

    --
    http://www.aspfaq.com/
    (Reverse address to reply.)

    "Alex" <> wrote in message
    > Dear all,
    >
    > I am now creating an Content Management System which support 3
    > languages (English, Tranditional Chinese and Simplified Chinese). Before

    > use the component (aspSmartUpload) to help me uploading photo and files.

    It
    > works for English and Traditional data; for Simplified Chinese Version, I
    > need to use unicode (nvarchar, nchar, ntext) to store the data in MSSQL;
    > however, I discover that the aspSmartUpload component can't get correct

    data

    Aaron [SQL Server MVP], Oct 27, 2004

  3. Alex

    Mike Levin Guest

    It's months later, but I just found this thread Googling. aspSmartUpload is an excellent component, IMHO. The trick to Unicode/utf-8 support is two-fold...

    1. You must ensure that the page where the upload form resides has this meta tag...

    META http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"
    (pointy brackets left out for posting)

    2. You must put the following command before objectName.Upload...

    objectName.CodePage = "utf-8"

    That should do it!

    Mike Levin
    http://www.mike-levin.com