Upload File in an UpdatePanel (AJAX)

Bjorn Sagbakken

I'am sure this has been discussed many times, but my search for the best
approach hasn't turned out well - so far.
Like hidden iframes... well I understand that a full page postback is needed
to make the upload file to work.
I have added several UpdatePanels to our application, and all these work
great, except for the uploading of images.

My approach ... I should think it might be possible to force a page postback
from the code within an UpdatePanel. Or maybe someone has a much better
idea?

Bjorn

Bjorn Sagbakken

Thanks, that was sort of what I was thinking about. Not sure the upload of
the file will perform as expected though. I see the hidden iframe as the
most common idea, at least then there will be the smoothest client
experience. Trial and error...

Bjorn