Upload file to webserver from webpage?

Noozer

I've an intranet webpage which is using ASP. Part of this page uses
pictures. I'd like to be able to update these pictures through the website
instead of through FTP or directly on the server.

How can I have the user upload pictures from their client machine to our
webserver?

I did try Google, but all my hits were how to "upload your web page" and not
"how to upload using your webpage".

Thx!

Hywel Jenkins

I've an intranet webpage which is using ASP. Part of this page uses
pictures. I'd like to be able to update these pictures through the website
instead of through FTP or directly on the server.

How can I have the user upload pictures from their client machine to our
webserver?

I did try Google, but all my hits were how to "upload your web page" and not
"how to upload using your webpage".

Read up on <input type="file"> and then find an ASP upload component,
such as ASPUpload which is cunningly located at
http://www.aspupload.com/

mark | r

Noozer said:
and

Thanks! I was able to find just what I was looking for.
if you dont have COM access, you can use file system object to upload tho
its less fancy and not good at large files.

Mark